Mobile Apps’ boost member attendance and retention for gyms which increases profits!
According to the 2012 Fitness and Technology Survey, 72% of exercisers are using technology to support their workouts, both in and out of the gym. Gyms are jumping into the trend by offering their own branded apps for their members to use to help drive deeper engagement with their members. In addition, mobile apps can be used as a great way to keep members informed about holiday hours or fitness class schedules.
57% of gym members bring their smart phone to workouts – whether they are using them to track workouts, listen to music or stay connected while pumping iron, is no matter. The fact is, offering an app to help them do all those things and more is a really smart idea. It can help retain members, offer them special content and support which will in turn generate more business, and help both you and them organize their experience.
When an app is advertised on a website, or with a media kit, downloads increase by 50%.
Gym apps are also great for recruitment! Potential members may download the app to see what the gym is about before they join, or they may download the app to take advantage of exclusive offers or membership discounts/services. Once a person has downloaded the app the odds of them joining as a member go up exponentially. You can offer potential clients personal training offers, member referrals, day passes, promotions, trial memberships and more.
There are several benefits to using mobile apps for a gym:
- Schedule personal training appointments with clients.
- Display fitness training events.
- Take payments for training and events inside the App.
- Provide GPS turn by turn directions to events.
- Reminders of upcoming events.
Additional mobile App features.
- Advanced Push Notifications- Send instant notifications to clients informing them of upcoming training events, schedule changes, reminders, promotions and more.
- One Touch Calling- Give your customer’s one touch calling from inside your app.
- Business Information- Integrate any sort of information you'd like about your business.
- Share Feature- Let your customers take your business viral with built in sharing capabilities over email, Facebook, SMS, and Twitter.